Aluminum angles consist of two legs—of equal or unequal lengths—arranged to form a 90-degree angle. Because of their material strength and lightweight construction, these components are suitable for use in structural and manufacturing applications across a wide range of industries, including building, construction, and transportation.
Therefore, structural applications, aluminum corners are also widely used in engineering industries, including rail cars, cooling towers, and land transportation systems.
Aluminum Angle Material Characteristics
Aluminum angles is used to fabricate angles due to its strength. In addition to this quality, it demonstrates the following characteristics
- Good weldability
- Moderate machining and grinding capabilities
- Bad bending and forming capabilities
- Moderate wear resistance
- Moderate corrosion resistance
There are several types of aluminum used to manufacture angles, including
- 6061-T6 aluminum is versatile, strong, and extremely resistant to corrosion. This type of aluminum, containing both magnesium and silicon, expresses high weldability and formability. It is the most popularly used material for structural components, especially in applications where strength and stability are the highest priority. 6061 aluminum angles typically feature rounded corners.
- 6063 aluminum is similarly allowed with magnesium and silicone and is moderately strong, but it tends most popularly used in manufacturing projects where corrosion resistance or finish treatments are crucial. In 6063 corners, the inside radius corners are sharp instead of round like in 6061 aluminum corners.
Aluminum Angle Applications
Aluminum angles are used in a wide range of general structural applications, including
- Safety cages
- Farming equipment
- Ship & building equipment
- Transmission towers
Specifically, typical applications of 6061 aluminum include braces, brackets, and truck boxes, while 6063 aluminum wedges are used in construction appliances, architectural finishes, shelving, appliances and machine parts.